Friday, March 22, 2013

A Wish Granted

A few months ago, my principal encouraged all of the teachers at my school to write a Cleburne Education Foundation (CEF) grant for something we wanted in our classroom.  I really wanted an interactive white board to use with my students but didn't think I would have a chance because they are so expensive.  I decided to go ahead and try because I figured the worst that would happen is that they would say "no".

Today, at the AR reward trip, I was completely surprised when the CEF prize patrol showed up and presented me with a huge check in the amount of the white board I had requested!  Some of the kids who were watching the presentation thought that I had just won the lottery, and in the world of education, I feel like I did!  I am so excited about winning this grant and can not wait to use this new technology with my students.  I am so thankful for the Cleburne Education Fund and the way that they support teachers by providing them with so many wonderful classroom materials that they would not be able to obtain on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment