Thursday, July 3, 2014

June Recap

June was a busy but fun month with the end of school, birthday celebrations, and lots of all-star baseball.  Here are a few more things that kept us busy:
 
After lots and lots of years of being in education, Granstan finally retired!  The kids saw him off on his last day of work!
The fifth graders at my school performed The Little Mermaid so I took the girls to watch it one afternoon.  Lily fell in love with Ariel and was beyond excited when she took a picture with her!  She talked about Ariel for days and we have watched The Little Mermaid movie several times since the performance.
Addison, Aubrey, and Ryan finally moved into their new house at the end of the month.  It has been very quiet at Granna's house and we miss seeing them every day.  The week before they moved, we made sure to spend a lot of quality time with them.  These two continue to be inseparable and share such a special bond.
On the night of my birthday, Granna volunteered to keep all of the kids so Emily and I could go out to dinner and the kids convinced her to take them to Sweet Frog after dinner.
Granstan is the oldest of eight kids in his family.  Five of my dad's seven siblings were all in Bowie one weekend so the kids and I rode with my parents to have lunch with all of them.  Several of my cousins were also there and it was great to visit with family that I don't see very often.  My aunt has a swimming pool so the kids had a great time too!
We joined the summer reading program at the library so we have been reading every day to get our minutes in every day.  The kids have enjoyed earning prizes when they turn in their reading minutes!
After months of no rain, June finally brought lots of storms.  The kids begged to go splash in the puddles but it was more like a lake in our backyard so I said "no"!  They loved the double rainbow that formed after one of the late evening storms. 
July has started out to be a busy month too!  So much for the slower paced, relaxing summer that I was looking forward to! I am going to blink my eyes and school will be starting again.  Even though we are busy, I am enjoying being home with the kids every day and am trying to soak up every minute with them before school starts and I have two kiddos in full day school!

No comments:

Post a Comment