Wednesday, August 3, 2016

July Little Things

July flew by and it's hard to believe that school starts soon.  Here are a few of the little things I want to remember about this month:

-Eden and Lily love to put their headphones on and listen to Kids Bop on Amazon Music.  Neither one of them can carry a tune in a bucket but it sure is fun to listen to them belt out their favorite songs!
-Parker got to help his friend Kaden celebrate his 10th birthday with a party at his karate studio. 
-While Parker was at Kaden's party, Eden got to help her sweet friend Sara celebrate her 8th birthday with a swimming party.  It's been so fun to watch Eden, Sara, Grace, and Reagan grow up together. It seems like yesterday that they were starting preschool together. 
 
-This dog.  She thinks that she is human and sleeps on my pillow when I'm not looking!
-Cory's new crutches came in a huge box and the kids used it all week as a bed.  They watched movies in it and fought over who got to lay in it.  Who needs toys when you have a big box to play in?!?!?!
-It took 39 years but I finally got my first wasp sting.  I am happy to say that after years of wondering, I am not allergic to wasps.  It swelled a little and itched like crazy, and I hope it will be a long time before I experience that again.
-Granna let each grandkid (minus Holland!) have a special sleepover at her house this summer and they got to pick where they wanted to go for breakfast.  Most of the kids picked donuts but Lily picked IHOP.
-Maggie loves to bask in the sun when she first goes outside.  And then she realizes it's August and she's basically laying on the surface of the sun and asks to come back inside.
-Doesn't Maggie look cute in her princess crown?
-These two spent a lot of time together this month.  One day I couldn't find them and then realized I was hearing giggling from under Lily's bed.  They had snuck under her bed to watch a video together.  I sure am going to miss spending my Tuesday/Thursday afternoons with them when school starts.
And speaking of school starting, I go back to school in less than two weeks which means that my baby will be starting kindergarten.  Time slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment