Friday, April 27, 2018

11 Years Old

Parker-
Another year has come and gone and you are growing so fast!  You continue to amaze me with all of your achievements.  Daddy and I are so proud of the young man you are becoming.  Here are some of the things I always want to remember about you as you start a new year:

- You are getting so tall!  You are taller than Granna now and it won't be long before you are taller than me! You are still one of the tallest boys in your class.  You weigh over 100 pounds and wear size 14/16 clothes and 9/10 shoes.

- You love to eat and can eat a lot!  Your favorite food is still spaghetti.  You also love pizza, hamburgers, tacos, and chips and salsa, bacon, fruit, and yogurt.

- You still love to read and can read an entire 300-400 page book in one day if you put our mind to it.  Your favorite books this year have been The Hunger Games series and any Percy Jackson series.  You still love Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Big Nate books too.

- You continue to perform well in school but you are definitely getting ready for a change.  5th grade has been good but I know you're ready to move on and start middle school. I have a feeling that you are going to love the freedom that comes with middle school.

- You just finished band tryouts and instrument selection.  Next year, you are gong to play trumpet in the band.  I can't wait to see what you think of it!

- You still love sports!  You had a great basketball season and learned so much from playing on the prime team.  You still love baseball and have become a really good, consistent pitcher for your team.

- You take your role as big brother very seriously and are constantly bothering your sisters!  You sometimes need reminders that your job as a big brother is not just to bug your sisters but to encourage and support them too!

-You are helpful around the house and I can always count on you to get your chores done without having to ask.

- Your favorite thing to do in your free time is to play video games.  You enjoy playing Roblox and have just started playing Fortnite.  You love when Daddy joins you during your game time!

- You LOVE Maggie and the bond you have with her is strong.  I am so glad we convinced Daddy to get a dog several years ago.  I love watching you play and snuggle with her every day.  She knows just who to come to when she wants a bite of bacon at breakfast!

You are an amazing kid, Parker, and I feel so blessed that I get to be your mom!  I pray that this next year proves to be your best one yet!

I love you to the moon and back! Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment