Saturday, April 7, 2018

The Triplets are Here!

Surprise!  They're here!  The triplets decided to make their debut 8 weeks early and were born yesterday morning!  Meredith was admitted to the hospital on Thursday because of her blood pressure.  The plan was to stay in the hospital on bed rest for two weeks until her scheduled C-section on April 20th.  She called me yesterday morning to tell me that she had started having contractions overnight and that they were going to take the babies early.  Emily and I took off of work so we could be at the hospital with her and Craig.    

After they took her and Craig to the delivery room, her sweet nurse came and got Emily and I and took us to the hall that led from the delivery room to the NICU.  She told us we could get our first look at the babies on their way to the NICU.  We were so excited to be able to be there and take pictures/video for my mom who was at home keeping Holland.

Luke Thomas Harshey was born first and weighed 4 lbs 12 oz.
Hadley Elizabeth Harshey was second and was the smallest at 3 lbs 12 oz.
Kathryn (Wryn) Reese Harshey was last and weighed 4 lbs 1 oz.
After they moved Meredith to recovery, Craig came and got us and let us go up to the NICU with him to check on the babies.  They were all so little but so perfect!
The anesthesia made Meredith very sick and she had a very rough afternoon.  I'm glad Emily and I could be there to help her through a hard day.  They all have a long road ahead of them but I'm glad they're here and are doing well so far.  And I feel so blessed that I got to be a part of such a special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment