Monday, October 22, 2018

8 Years Old

My precious Lily Claire-
    I can't tell you how many times daddy and I have looked at each other and said "We can't imagine our life without Lily!"  God sure knew what he was doing when he blessed our family with you 8 years ago!  You came into this world in a flash and you haven't slowed down since!  You keep me on my toes and fill my days with laughter! I can't believe you are turning 8 today!  Here are some of the things I want to remember about you as you start another year:

- You continue to grow taller and taller!  You are the tallest in your class and tower over some of your friends.  You wear size 10/12 clothes and size 6 shoe.  We are going to be sharing shoes before too long!

- You are a good friend and make new friends easily.  You were sad when Jery wasn't in your class this year but have quickly become close friends with Addi and Ellie.

- You are so smart and continue to do well in school.  You are a good reader but it's a battle to get you to read at home.  You have the ability to read chapter books but don't always have the confidence to try them.

- You have developed a love of writing in Mrs. Humphreys' class.  You have great ideas and share stories you've written with me all of the time.

- You are not a picky eater and are always willing to try at least one bite of something new.  Your new favorite thing is sushi.  You love hamburgers, fruit, and the brisket quesadillas at Barerra's.

- You still love to snuggle every morning and every night (and sometimes during the day too!).  You still fit perfectly in my lap and I dread the day you get too big for me to rock.

- You make me laugh every day with the things you say.  Sometimes at night while we are rocking before bed, we both get to giggling so hard we can't stop!  I hope you'll always love to laugh with me!

- You have a sassy side to you that comes out sometimes, but I admire how quick you are able to apologize and move on.

- You and Eden are so close but can fight like cats and dogs!  I pray you will always share a close bond with each other and be each other's best friends for many years to come.

Lily, you make the world a happy place and I'm so proud to be your mom!  I can't wait to watch you blossom over the next year!  Your passion and love for life is going to help you achieve great things! I hope today was everything you hoped it would be and more!

I love you to the moon and back. Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment