Saturday, April 27, 2019

12 Years Old

Parker-
     Today you turn 12!  It's hard to believe that we almost have a teenager in the house!  You are growing so fast that I can hardly keep up.  It's so weird when I stand next to you and have to look up to talk to you! Middle school has been good to you this year and it's been fun to watch you learn and enjoy new things.  Here are a few things I want to remember as you start a new year:

- You've grown SO much this year!  You're at least 6 inches taller than you were this time last year.  You are at least 5'9" tall and you weigh 125 pounds.  You are wearing size 12 shoes and have moved out of kids clothes and into men's sizes.  Dr. Morrow told us at your checkup that you're not even close to being finished growing!  I can't imagine how tall you are going to be this time next year!

- You have enjoyed your first year in middle school. You like changing classes and have continued to make great grades.  Your hardest class has been PreAP Math and your favorite teachers are Mrs. Webber (PreAP Science) and Mrs. Bienert (Financial Literacy/Technology).

- You started playing trumpet in band this year and you love it!  I'm amazed at how much you've learned in beginning band and how good you've become in just a few short months.  You are looking forward to being in Wind Ensemble next year.

- You are still very athletic and your favorite sports are basketball and baseball.  You are looking forward to being in athletics in 7th grade.  The verdict is still out on whether or not you will try playing football for the first time next year!

- You consume a lot of calories in a day!  Your favorite foods are still spaghetti, tacos (meat and cheese only), chips and salsa, pizza, yogurt, turkey, cheese, and strawberries.  You also LOVE milk!  You drink almost 2 gallons of milk every week!

- You have enjoyed being part of the youth group at church this year.  You like going early to church early on Wednesdays to play basketball with some of the older kids and you are looking forward to going to youth camp this summer.

- You are still an avid reader and are always looking for a new series to start.  You read so fast that I have a hard time keeping you in books!  You can finish a huge chapter book in one day now!

- You still love playing video games in your free time.  Your favorite game this year has been Fortnite.  You enjoy playing online with your friends after school.  

- I don't get many hugs from you anymore but I know I can always get you to lay your head in my lap while we're watching TV if I promise to scratch your back.  And you won't go to sleep until I've scratched your back at night.

You are such a blessing to us, Parker!  The days aren't always perfect (I'm pretty sure all parents with preteens would say the same thing!), but the good always outweighs the bad!  It's so fun to see you try new things and I love having a front row seat as we watch you grow into a young man!  You're the best son I could have ever hoped for and I'm proud to call you mine!  

I love you to the moon and back! Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment