Friday, April 12, 2019

ITZ Band Competition

Today I had the opportunity to chaperone the SMS Beginning Band to their first competition at ITZ Family Amusement Center in Euless.  I was so excited when Parker asked me if I wanted to go!  He has absolutely loved learning how to play the trumpet in band this year and it was amazing to see how much these kids have learned about music in just a few short months.
We were the first band to perform and the kids did a great job!  They received a superior rating and took home a nice trophy.
I had to miss Parker's first concert back in February so it was nice to finally get to hear the band play together.
After their performance, the judge talked to the band and told them what he liked about their performance.  He then gave out awards to several students who stood out to him as doing an exceptional job.  I was so proud when he chose Parker as one of the recipients!
For the rest of the trip, the students spent their time eating pizza and playing video games.  Parker had so much fun with his friends and I enjoyed visiting with some of the other chaperones.
It was a fun day and I enjoyed spending time with Parker and his friends.  I'm so thankful he's had a good year in band and I'm glad he's signing up to be in it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment