Wednesday, November 20, 2019

11 Years Old

My beautiful Eden-
     Today you turn 11 years old!  I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday and it's hard to believe that you been blessing our family for 11 years already.  You continue to make my days better with your hugs and words of affirmation.  You have a gift of encouraging others and making them feel loved.  I pray that you will be blessed beyond measure this year! Here are the things I want to remember about you as you begin your 11th year:

-You are growing taller every day! You are still one of the tallest in your class and have the tallest/skinniest legs!  You are wearing size 14/16 clothes and size 8-9 shoes.

-You have always worn yoga pants but decided this year that you wanted to try jeans.  We found some very soft jeans and you've worn them every day since.  It's fun to see you branching out with your clothing choices.

-You are having a great 5th grade year.  I can't believe this is your last year at Gerard.  The past 6 years have gone so fast! You are making great grades this year and love being in Mrs. Holland's class.  You are getting more comfortable participating in class and taking risks that are out of your comfort zone.

-You are still quite a picky eater.  You have your favorites like beans, applesauce, yogurt, chicken nuggets, chicken alfredo, and any kind of cracker/chip, but you still do not like to try new things.  I think you'd eat the same thing every day if I'd let you!  I still have hope that one day you will branch out and try some new things!

-You have really enjoyed playing volleyball this season and are excited about basketball starting soon.

- You have started reading a lot more this year and have chosen some longer chapter books to read.  Mrs. Holland has really been encouraging you to try some new things and I'm so proud of you for challenging yourself with your book choices.

-You are still taking piano lessons but are not enjoying it as much this year.  You have a lot of talent so I hope you will continue lessons for a few more years.  You are excited to start band next year in middle school.

-Your best friends are still Reagan, Laila, and Lacey.  They are such sweet girls and I hope you will stay friends throughout middle/high school.  You are constantly looking for things to buy them or give them... you have the most generous heart.

-You still love to give me hugs and kisses every day before you go to class and every night before bed.  I'm savoring every last one of them because I know they won't last forever.

-You started Math Pentathlon club this year and have done a great job learning the games so far.  I can't wait to go with you to competition next April.

-You love to play outside on your scooter but also love to play inside with your Shopkins and Legos.  You also love to play Roblox on the computer, especially when you can play online with Reagan.

-You still deal with anxiety a lot but it seems to get a little better with each year.  You are sometimes able to get out of your comfort zone but often your anxiety and fear stops you in your tracks.  I hate watching you struggle with the "what-ifs" in life, but I love those moments when you are able to face and overcome your fears.  You are one of the bravest kids I know, Eden, and I'm so proud of you for everything you've accomplished in your 11 years.

I love you so much Eden and am so proud to be your mom!  You love others fiercely and deserve all the best as you begin this new year.  I hope that you will always know how much we love you and what a blessing you are to us!  Your beautiful smile brightens our days and your hugs make even the gloomiest days better.  Thank you for just being you!  Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

I love you to the moon and back! Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment