Saturday, November 30, 2019

November Little Things

I can't believe we only have a few more weeks left of 2019!  The year has flown by and overall it's been a good year for our family.  I'm looking forward to the holidays and having a couple of weeks off of school to celebrate with family as well as rest and relax.  Here are a couple of little things from November:

Smith Middle School always has a Veteran's Day program to honor the veterans in our community.  The band, choir, and theater arts department all perform for the veterans and the student body. 

This year, Parker played in the band and my dad was one of the Navy veterans who was honored in the program.  My favorite part was when the band played the anthems for each branch of the military while the veterans from that branch stood to be recognized.
Afterward, the veterans were honored with a reception in the cafeteria.  It was so nice and my dad really appreciated everything they did.  I hope we will be able to go again next year.
Mrs. Click had her students disguise a turkey so he wouldn't be eaten for Thanksgiving dinner.  Lily chose to disguise her turkey as a volleyball player.   The kids are always so creative and it's fun to see what fun ideas they come up with every year.  Lily worked very hard on her turkey and I thought it turned out so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment