Tuesday, January 26, 2010

How'd She Do That?

Today after her nap, Eden did something that I never thought would happen (or at least not this soon!)...she escaped from her crib!

I heard her fussing and checked on her in the monitor. Sometimes she will cry out and then lay back down and fall back to sleep. Realizing that she was awake for good, I left my room to go get her. On the way down the hall, I heard her start to cry. And it wasn't just any cry. It was her "hurt cry". I picked up speed, opened her bedroom door, and there she was...running towards me with her arms lifted high.

I still don't know what she did to get out of her crib. I can only imagine how she landed or what all she hit on the way down. I checked her over and didn't find any bumps or bruises, and after a little bit of snuggling, she calmed down and stopped crying.

I know that Eden is a climber. One of her nicknames is Little Monkey. But never in a million years did I think that our 14 month old would learn how to climb out of her crib before our 33 month old.

Tonight, her bumper pads have been removed and I am praying that she does not try to escape again. If she does, I guess we will be in the market for one of those tents that fits over cribs. What a lovely addition to her nursery that would make!!

No comments:

Post a Comment