Monday, January 25, 2010

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

After 5 days in Colorado, Cory and I are glad to be back home. We had a great time, but missed the kids tremendously, especially when Eden got sick with double ear infections, a horrible cough, and her second round of pink eye. We really appreciate my parents taking care of them while we were gone, and a HUGE thanks to my mom who was up with Eden all night one night when she was sick.

I didn't take a lot of pictures while we were in Colorado. We were too busy skiing, eating, getting massages, and reading by the fire!

We were invited to Beaver Creek by one of the ophthalmologists that Cory refers patients to. He and his wife have a house there and invited our friends, Heath and Stacey, and us to come stay at their house with them. They treated us to a lot of fancy meals, a day at the spa, and Cory even got a ski lesson. They were wonderful hosts and we can't express our appreciation enough for the hospitality they showed us while we were there.

Before we left for our trip, I was a little worried about how I would do when I tried to ski again. It had been 5 years since my last ski trip and I was afraid I was going to make a complete fool out of myself out on the slopes. After 2 days of skiing, I am still not a very proficient skier, but I was quite proud of myself. I was able to ski greens and blues and keep up with both the other ladies on the trip.
The weather was great while we were there...cold, but not too cold. It snowed REALLY hard while we were skiing the last day, but the wind on the mountain was so bitter that it was hard to enjoy the falling snow. The morning we left, it snowed again, but this time it was beautiful! I am so glad we got to see snow while we were there.
This is the house where we stayed. It was incredible! Some of the coolest things were the heated floors and the ski boot warmer that dried out our ski boots and got them ready to wear the next day. The huge fireplace was also one of my favorites, and I spent a lot of time sitting and reading in front of it.

This was the view from the living room. It was absolutely beautiful! I loved getting up every morning and looking out at the mountain view.
Cory and I really enjoyed getting away together for a few days. I wish we could do it more often. It definitely made me realize just how much I love my simple, no frills life. I now feel rejuvenated and ready to face the daily ups and downs of raising two toddlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment