Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Weather Outside is Frightful

We awoke this morning to a very cold and windy day, or as the local news called it, "The Arctic Blast". (Don't they always go into full panic mode over the weather!) Due to some icy road conditions, my school postponed its opening until 10 o'clock, which meant an extra hour of sleep for me. After the kids got up, Parker decided that he wanted to crawl into bed and cover up, just like his Daddy. Don't they look like two peas in a pod!

This is Parker's TV watching position. Notice the left thumb in his mouth and his right thumb playing with his belly button. This is what he does when he watches TV, rides in the car, listens to me read books, or anytime he gets really tired. I am not sure how we are ever going to get him to stop doing this. On Christmas Eve, when he was wearing his Christmas pajamas, he could not get to his bellybutton. He spent the entire car ride home crying and screaming, "I need my bellybutton! I need my bellybutton!" Ugh! I pity the parents that have to break that habit!!
Eden did not leave the house today, but that did not stop her from getting all bundled up in mommy's scarf.
Here she is smiling for the camera...one of her newest tricks.
We hope that you all stay warm in these chilly temperatures the next few days. We don't plan on getting out of the house much. Pray that I don't lose my sanity when the walls start caving in on me!

1 comment:

  1. I love Eden's camera face! I still can't get Jackson to smile for the camera.

    ReplyDelete