Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines 2012

I feel like we have been celebrating Valentine's Day forever this year!  Because the kids only go to Thursday school once a week and Valentine's Day fell on a Tuesday, they had their parties almost a week ago.  They both had fun parties with cupcakes, cookies, and lots of candy! 
Even Lily got to enjoy a few treats at the parties.  (This shirt is a funny reminder to me about just how much bigger Lily is than Eden at the same age.  Eden wore this as a dress two years ago!)
On Sunday, I let the girls wear their cute matching Valentine outfits to church.  I got these from a friend of mine who has twin girls- aren't they adorable!  I let Eden wear hers as a shirt and Lily wore hers as a dress.  Cory asked me why I like to dress them in matching clothes so much.  I told him that in a few years they are going to roll their eyes at the mere suggestion of matching outfits, so I need to take advantage of it while I still can!
I LOVE the way Lily is looking at Eden in this picture- she adores her big sister SO much!
The kids woke up this morning to a little Valentine surprise from me and Cory and we used their new Valentine plates to have a fun lunch, complete with a heart shaped sandwich, heart Jello, red strawberries, and red salsa to dip our chips in!
Cory's mom was so sweet to watch the kids tonight so we could go out to eat for Valentine's Day.  We had an early dinner at a hibachi/sushi restaurant and it was so good!  We were so glad that we went early because one of the hibachi chefs didn't show up for work tonight and some tables were going to have to wait up to 2 hours before the lone hibachi chef got to their table to cook their food. 

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you who hold a special place in my heart!  I hope you felt loved today!

No comments:

Post a Comment