Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas 2012

One of the best things about living close to both of our parents around Christmas is that we don't have to travel during the holidays.  Which means that we get to be home on Christmas morning.  Just the 5 of us.  It is such a fun and special time! 
 
For the second year in a row, Daddy ate some of our cookies that the kids made for Santa.  Luckily, I caught him after only one cookie, so we still had two to leave out for Santa plus the carrots for the reindeer.  The kids were tired from a busy day with family so it wasn't long before they were all asleep.  (Parker told me at bedtime that he was going to get up at 4am to see Santa. I love this age and the excitement they bring to this holiday!)
Parker and Lily were both up right at 7am but we had to wake up a sleepy Eden.  As soon as she heard us come into her room, she popped up and was ready to go see if Santa had come to our house.
Parker was excited about his new gun and Plasma car and the girls were thrilled about their new dollhouse.  (Although after overhearing Eden tell Lily to get away from HER dollhouse we had to intervene a little and make sure they knew that Santa has brought it for them to share.)
After opening stockings, we ate breakfast.  Last year I made one of my favorites- monkey bread- for Christmas breakfast and the kids wouldn't even touch it.  I decided to try it again and this year I got a better response.  Eden still wouldn't try it, but Parker and Lily loved it!  I definitely think it will become our traditional Christmas breakfast. 

After breakfast, we opened presents.  Cory really surprised me this year with new ski clothes.  I can't wait to try them out in a few months when we go skiing. 
Lily loved her new Hello Kitty hat!
Daddy got a new speaker that I've enjoyed just as much as he has!
It was a great morning and I felt so blessed.  Healthy, happy kids.  Loving, supportive husband.  Lots of smiles, hugs, laughter.  It was a perfect Christmas morning at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment