Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of 1st Grade

It's hard to believe that summer is over and we now have a FIRST GRADER in our house!!!
Parker woke up so excited to start school today.  He had a great time at Meet the Teacher last week when he met his new teacher, Mrs. Brightwell.  He was most excited about having a locker to put his backpack in.
He didn't talk much about the first day of school this past weekend but when he came out of his room this morning, he was jumping up and down saying "I can't wait for my first day of school!!".
He showed no signs of nervousness as he waited in the cafeteria to go to his classroom.  After we walked him to his room, he put his things in his locker and got right to work.  
After school, I treated him to a first day of school ice cream and he told me all about his day.  He actually talked a lot about what he did which is very uncharacteristic of him.  And at bedtime, he said, "I can't wait to go back to school tomorrow!". 
I'm so glad he had a great first day!  Mrs. Brightwell is a great teacher and I know he is going to have a great year! 
Parker was thrilled to find out that three of his best friends (Alexis, Jolea, and Cole) are also in Mrs. Brightwell's class this year.  It's going to be such a fun year!

No comments:

Post a Comment