Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pirate's Cove

On Thursday. we took the kids to Pirate's Cove for the last part of our summer staycation. 
Parker went there last summer, but this was the girls first time and I wasn't sure how it would go.  I knew Lily would love it but she did not meet the height requirement for the bigger slides and I was dreading telling her she had to stay on the baby slides.  Eden said she was going to try the slides, but you just never know with her. 

I couldn't believe it when Eden agreed to try one of the bigger slides as soon as we arrived.  I had planned on it taking at least an hour for her to warm up to the idea of sliding before she agreed to try one.  I noticed as we were standing in line that they were allowing small kids to ride down the slides in their parent's lap, so I asked Eden if she wanted to ride with me.  She seemed very relieved that she didn't have to go down her first slide alone and she laughed the entire way down.  That's all it took for her to be hooked!  She spent the rest of the time going down every slide they had without me. 
I also noticed while standing in line with Eden that the lifeguards were not checking the heights of anyone in line.  There were several toddlers smaller that Lily in line so I quickly went and got her to see if she wanted to try.  She never hesitated and spent the rest of the time with Eden riding every slide they had!
Parker split his time between the slides, rope bridge, and basketball goals.  The nice thing about Pirate's Cove is that it is small enough that I felt comfortable letting him roam and be a little independent without having to worry too much.

After the outside water park closed, we went inside for dinner and then let the kids play some games in the indoor play area. 
The kids were exhausted by the time we left but enjoyed their time at Pirate's Cove.  All three of our kids are at a perfect age for this water park and we will definitely go back next summer.  I was proud of the girls for being brave and taking risks when trying all of the bigger slides.  And, secretly, I think I enjoyed riding the slides just as much as they did.  It's always fun to feel like a kid again!

No comments:

Post a Comment