Thursday, August 8, 2013

Throwback Thursday

"Good friends are like stars... you don't always see them, but you know they are always there."
 
Last week, I got the chance to have dinner with some of my dearest friends.  We met 18 years ago during our freshman year at Texas A&M in the southside dorm, Krueger.  We were also all in a group called Aggie Sisters for Christ.  We took classes together, went on road trips together, and shared dorm rooms/apartments.  We laughed together, cried together, and everything else in between!  I couldn't have made it through my college years without them.
 
Even after 18 years, 4 weddings, and 11 kids between all of us, I still consider them to be such wonderful friends.  We try to get together at least three or four times a year to catch up over dinner, but because of the busyness of life, jobs, kids, husbands, etc. (and the fact that one of us lives in Amarillo), it is rare that all seven of us can be together at one time.    
Last week, the stars must have aligned right because we were finally able to get all seven of us together for the first time in several years.  We ate, reminisced about our college days, and laughed until we cried.  It was one of my favorite nights of the entire summer!  I am so thankful that God put these girls in my life so many years ago.  We may not see each other often, but I know they will always be there for me and continue to be such wonderful prayer warriors for me and my family.  (Just one example- Just this past May as the kids and I were huddled in the bathtub waiting for the tornado to pass over us, I got concerned texts from two of them checking to make sure we were ok.  And I knew that when I wrote them back and told them we were still in the line of the tornado, they were sending up prayers of protection for us.) 
 
Since it's Throwback Thursday, I thought a few pictures from back in the good ol' days were in order.  
1995- our first Christmas as friends
1996

1997
at an ASC retreat
1998- my rehearsal dinner
1998- my wedding day
Love you girls!  I'm already looking forward to our next Girl's Night Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment