Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day of School

Another summer has come and gone and we now have TWO kids that are in school!  How on earth did that happen?!?!? 
 
Parker woke up bright and early this morning.  He has been so excited about school starting.  I'm pretty sure he would have started a week ago if I'd let him!  He loves school and has missed his friends a lot this summer. 
Eden also woke up ready to go to her first day of kindergarten! We did a lot of talking about what to expect on the first day to help her with some of the anxiety she had been showing and I knew she was ready!
 The kids were so excited that their daddy was able to come and walk them to their first day of class.
Parker couldn't wait to get to class so we dropped him off first. His teacher this year is Mrs. Humphreys.  She is an incredible teacher and I know he is going to have a great year in second grade!
Eden's class is just a few doors down from Parker.  She loved seeing her name on the door as she walked in.  Her teacher this year is Mrs. Pritchard, who was Parker's kindergarten teacher two years ago and Addison's teacher last year.  She is going to be perfect for Eden.
Eden walked right in, sat down at her table, and started working.  She never acted nervous or teared up which made it very easy for me to leave her.  She had a perfect day and loved every minute of kindergarten.  I know she is going to have a great year!
They were both full of stories when I picked them up after school.  The best quote of the afternoon came from Parker.  We were on our way to get an after school treat and he shouted out, "Mom, your ears are going to explode and your eyes are going to pop out of your head when I tell you the next thing about my first day!".  He then told me that his class is one of the iPad classes at our school and he gets his own iPad to use every day this year.  That is right up his alley, for sure!  (And don't worry... my hearing and vision are still intact even after learning this!!)

I am so thankful for two wonderful teachers who already have my kids excited about learning!  I have a really good feeling about second grade and kindergarten this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment