Saturday, August 9, 2014

Lily's 1st Haircut

Lily finally had her first haircut this week.  My only regret about getting her hair cut is that we didn't do it sooner!  Her hair has always driven me crazy because it grows in a V-shape and often looks like a mullet.  It's hard to fix and I just kept thinking that if I gave it more time to grow, it would look better.  Since that never seemed to happen, I decided to make both girls an appointment to get their hair cut before school started. Lily was so excited to get her hair cut like Eden!
The day of the haircut, I woke up with a stomach bug.  I felt horrible but knew if I cancelled the appointment, it might take weeks before I could get another one. Luckily, Cory was off that day, so we all loaded up and headed to Burleson. 
 
I told my hairdresser that I wanted her to make Lily's hair even all the way across in the back.  When she started cutting, she realized that she was going to have to take a lot of hair off to make it even.  As hard as it was to cut so much hair off, I told her to go ahead and do it.  It ended up being one of the best decisions I've ever made. 
 
Lily refused to get her hair washed but she sat so still during the entire cut.  My hairdresser said she wished that all kids were as good as Lily!
The end result was better than I could have ever imagined!  Her new haircut is so precious on her!  Her curls are bouncier and her hair just lays so much better than it ever has in her entire life!  Like I said, my only regret is that we didn't do this sooner!  I don't know if I will ever let her grow her hair out long like Eden because it is just so cute on her! 
The before and after picture says it all!  Her hair just looks so much healthier now that it has been cut!  It took almost four years, but I'm so glad we were finally able to get Lily's first haircut done and in the baby book!

No comments:

Post a Comment