Sunday, December 21, 2014

A Week of Christmas Celebrations

This week has been a very busy week full of Christmas celebrations!  We started on Tuesday with Lily's preschool program.  We enjoyed listening to her sing several holiday songs before joining her for a special Christmas snack with her friends.  She was so excited that everyone got to come and see her performance.
Tuesday night was Parker and Eden's school wide Christmas program.  Eden was so excited about the program and had been practicing her songs all week.  Unfortunately, her nerves got the best of her and she just couldn't make herself join her classmates up on stage this year.
Parker did a great job singing with the second graders!  We were so proud of him!
On Friday, Parker and Eden both had their Christmas parties at school.   Since I am the room mom for Parker's class, I had to coordinate his class party.  I kept it pretty simple- we had brunch for the kids (donut holes, pigs in a blanket, and fruit) and then let them play Tic-Tac-Toe with Hershey kisses.  It was low key but the kids seemed to have fun!
Eden's party was fun too!  She did pretty well but had a little bit of a meltdown when I left to go check on Parker for a minute.  When I got back she was sitting in her chair crying quietly.  I think she had gotten a little overwhelmed with the noise and chaos of having so many parents in the classroom.  I ended up sitting with her at her table for the rest of the party and she finally calmed down and started having fun again!
It was a very hectic but fun week!  I'm thankful that the busyness is over and I'm looking forward to two weeks of relaxing at home with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment