Monday, December 22, 2014

September-December Recap/Photo Dump

It seems that I never got around to blogging about all of the little things that we did during the months of September- December so I'm just going to lump them all together as my last non-Christmas post of 2014. (These are in no particular order!)
 
Cory is always telling me that I spoil Lily while the big kids are at school.  Here is proof that I'm not the only one who does a little spoiling.  One day, I left Lily with Cory while I went to get my haircut and he texted me this picture of a happy (spoiled!) little girl who had convinced her daddy to get her a Sonic corn dog for lunch!  Never again will be get away with telling me I spoil her too much!
Parker worked very hard and earned an AR reward trip to the bowling alley the last week of school.  He read so much and is on his way to be a Million Word Reader!
The girls got haircuts recently.  Can you tell who was mad about having to go first?!?!  She was excited about getting her hair cut but threw a fit when she had to go before Eden.
The stomach bug hit both of the girls back in November.  Poor Eden was sick for almost 48 hours.  She was miserable!  Luckily, Lily's only lasted about 12 hours.  I was so thankful that Parker, Cory and I avoided it this time.
Lily enjoyed helping her friend Annabelle celebrate her 4th birthday!
Parker won a fun run at PE last month and was so proud of the medal that he earned.  He was the fastest boy in the second grade.
Back in October, Lily stepped in a fire ant pile in the backyard.  She got over 75 ant bites on her left foot.    It took almost a week before she was able to wear shoes.  Poor baby!  I was so proud of her- she was so brave and hardly complained at all!
We had a pretty cold fall but there were a few nice days when the kids were able to get out and play.
Eden is still our lizard lover. She can catch them so quickly and loves to keep them as her pet for a few hours before letting them go.
Cory and I got to get away for a date night back in October.  We tried a new vegan diner and then treated ourselves to a popsicle at Steel City Pops. 
The kids enjoyed a sleepover at Granna's and got to carve a jack-o-lantern while they were there.
My pretty girls at church one Sunday!
Cory and Parker have now finished the first two Harry Potter books together.  Parker loved them!  It took them a couple of months to get through both of them but we were proud of him for sticking with it!  He especially loved getting to watch the movies once he had finished reading the books.
Parker had a good fall ball season!  He spent most of the season playing on third base but was thrilled when they let him play catcher during the last game.  We will more than likely be joining a select team in the spring with several of the boys from our team.  We are looking forward to this new adventure with Parker!
Parker helped his sweet friends Alexis and Jolea celebrate their 8th birthdays in September.  We are so thankful for these two friends (and neighbors)!
Eden moved up to Sparks in AWANAs this year and is in my class.  She has done a great job memorizing her Bible verses each week and I love getting to spend Wednesday nights with her.
I had a little fender bender back in September. The accident was not my fault but the lady tried to blame it on me.  It took a while to sort out all the facts but I was finally able to get the insurance company to side with me and was so happy to get my car fixed!
I got to enjoy lunch with several friends from church to celebrate the arrival of ME's sweet baby girl.  Out of the seven of us, four were pregnant with baby girls!  Three of these sweet little girls have now arrived and one more is due in February.  Oh what fun these little girls are going to have as they grow up together!  I'm so thankful for these friends that I've met through church and small group. 
We were outside playing one night after dinner and Parker started climbing the retaining wall.  It didn't take long before Eden and Lily had joined in.  I think they had been watching way too much American Ninja Warrior!
Cory surprised Parker with a guy's night out at the Rangers game.  He was so excited when he found out that his best friend Cole and Cole's dad were coming with them!  The night went from great to fantasic when both Cole and Parker came home with foul balls from the game!
Aunt MerMer surprised Parker and Eden with lunch at school one day.  They were so excited to see her and get a special treat for lunch!
The kids got to go out and spend the day at Grandma and Papa's house on the first day of their Christmas break.  They enjoyed making cookies, coloring, and doing new puzzles with Grandma.
And finally, a picture of the Christmas card that Parker made me.  Because nothing says Merry Christmas like admitting all of your shortcomings!! 
It was a busy but great fall semester!  The days seem to be getting faster and faster as the kids get older.  I know I'm going to blink my eyes and summer is going to be here!  I'm thankful for all of the fun memories that were made this year and look forward to making even more next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment