Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Lilyisms (and a few Parkerisms and Edenisms)

It has been a long time since I've posted some of the funny things the kids say.  Parker and Eden are almost past the stage of messing up words and phrases but Lily is right in the middle of it!  She has so many Lilyisms that I can't write them all down.  Every day she is coming up with new things that make us smile!  Here are just a few that I've remembered over the past few months.

Parkerisms
Back in October we watched the "World Serious" (World Series)

Edenisms
On April Fool's Day, Eden was so excited to tell me that she "April tricked" Ryan!

This summer in Colorado we rode on a "gondalope" (gondola)!

Cheat ya = tricked you/ fooled you

Eden started saying "cheat ya" and somehow that turned into all three kids saying "Cheat ya!  Made you look! You're in the baby book!".  They say it all.the.time!  It still doesn't make any sense to me but they use it almost daily so we've learned to embrace it!

Lilyisms
Like I said, Lily is constantly messing up words and phrases.  She makes us laugh all the time! The best part is that she has no idea how funny she is!  She often gets very offended when you try to correct her and will tell you "I don't want to say it like that"!  I am really going to miss when her Lilyisms come to an end. 

Lily calls the bar stools "monkey bars".  She asks at every meal, "Can we sit at the monkey bars?".

She calls the remote control a "cremote".  We have tried to correct her many times but this one seems to be here to stay.

Another TV related Lilyism that we've corrected a thousand times is that she asks us to "kwaus it" (pause it) when she wants us to pause the DVR.

One of my absolute favorite Lilyisms that I hope she'll never fix is when she calls lipstick "lickstip".

Another favorite is calling corn on the cob "corn aba cob".

Last week, Lily and I were driving home after I picked her up from preschool when she started telling me about the "three jazz mans" (three wise men) that came to visit Baby Jesus.

One day we were running errands and I gave her a list of places we needed to go.  After our first stop, she asked me "When are we going to Humpty Po?".  I had NO IDEA what she was asking me.  After asking several more times, I finally figured out that she wanted to know when we were going to Home Depot.  I don't know how long I laughed over that one.  Try it...say Home Depot really fast and it does kind of sound like Humpty Po!!

Every time Lily comes into my bathroom she wants to weigh herself on the scale and every time she does it she asks me to watch her "wave" herself. 

A few nights ago, Lily asked me why Parker wears "boxertops" (boxers) to bed.

A couple of months ago, Lily walked into the kitchen, slapped her leg and said "DAN IT! (DAMN IT) I forgot my bunny in the car."  I quickly replied, "What did you just say?" and she repeated "Dan it! I forgot my bunny in the car!"  I have NO IDEA where she heard that but after sternly correcting her and telling her that we don't say things like that, she has never said it again.  Leave it to our sweet Lily to say her first curse word at four years old!!

A few others:
Hantry = pantry
pennytail=ponytail
jumpoline= trampoline
pet and show= show and tell
bing bong= bean bag
bessert= dessert (Can I have a cookie for bessert?)

I promise that this just scratches the surface of the funny things she says.  She far surpasses the number of mix ups that Parker and Eden ever had.  There really are too many to write down or remember. 

I LOVE this part of language development and will be so sad when it ends!  Until then, I will enjoy all of the laughs that Lily brings us every single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment