Friday, May 1, 2015

April Little Things

With two family birthdays and Easter to celebrate, April was a very busy month for us.  Most of the big events got their own posts, but I had a few smaller things that I didn't want to forget as we move into May.
 
- At the beginning of the school year, Parker told me that he wanted to earn a Kindle Fire by reading 1.5 million words.  This was an almost unobtainable goal for a second grader because the largest book he had ever read was only about 25,000 words.  But Parker is the type of kid that once he sets his mind on something, he works hard until he achieves it.  Cory and I continued to encourage him and keep him updated on how many words he had read, and by the middle of April, Parker had reached his goal!  We are so proud of him for setting a goal and working so hard to achieve it!  He can't wait to get that Kindle in his hands in a few weeks!
 
The same day that he earned his Kindle at school, Parker finished his sixth and last AWANAs Sparks book at church.  He has been so diligent to work and memorize hundreds of Bible verses over the past three years.  To celebrate both of Parker's accomplishments, we let him choose what he wanted for dinner and of course he picked Taco Bueno! 

- One day I asked Lily to help me fold some laundry and she quickly told me that she couldn't because she had to finish her "paperwork".  She worked diligently on that "paperwork" for quite a while and even told me, "Mom, this paperwork is HARD work!".   She got out of doing laundry that day but I can guarantee that her "paperwork" won't get her out of her chores next time!
The eye clinic hosted a local softball tournament to raise money for Relay for Life and they asked Cory to come play on one of the teams.  He had such a fun time playing with Heath and his buddies and came home feeling so proud that he was able to play and even get a couple of good hits!
Lily is my little sidekick during the day while Parker and Eden are at school.  I drag her all over the place and she rarely complains.  One day while we were at Family Nutrition Store, she found this cute sock monkey and begged me to take her picture with it.  How could I say 'no' to this sweet girl?!?!
Cory is such a good daddy!  One day, Lily asked him to color with her so her did what any good dad would do... her pulled up a chair and started coloring!  I hope they will always appreciate everything he does for them, especially when he is tired and not feeling well.
And that does it for April!  Now on to the crazy busy month of May!  Only a few more weeks and we will be relaxing on the beach!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment