Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Six and a Half

Eden-
Today you turn six and a half!  You have had such a great year in kindergarten and it has been fun to watch you grow, especially socially and emotionally.  You have come so far in just a few short months and you don't even seem like the same timid little girl that started school back in August.  Here are a few things I always want to remember about you at this stage of your life:

-You are still tall and thin.  You are the tallest girl in your class and are taller than most of the boys too!  You weigh about 52 pounds and wear size 6/7 clothes and size 1 shoes. 

-You hate clothes and would be happy wearing shorts and a t-shirt every day.  I have to force you to wear a dress to church every week and you cry if I make you pick out something nicer than "play clothes".  You constantly complain that everything, including socks and underwear, "doesn't feel good".  I'll be happy when you outgrow this stage!

-You are the most loving little girl I've ever met! You LOVE to give hugs and kisses to everyone you meet.  If I am ever in a bad mood, I know I can count on you to give me a hug and kiss and cheer me up!  You are always telling me that I'm the "best mom in the world" or that you "love me to the moon and back". 

-You have started playing video games with Parker after school.  Your favorite game is Mario Kart 8.  You also love to watch Octonauts, Sophia the First, and Ninja Turtles.

-You are still a very picky eater. You have a hard time with new textures and don't like to try new things.  You always eat a good breakfast but lunch and dinner are hit or miss.  You love eggs, bacon, biscuits, manicotti, peanut butter and honey sandwiches, beans, nachos, nuts, yogurt and applesauce.  You are still not a fan of fruit, vegetables or meat which can make coming up with meal ideas seem impossible at times!

-Your curls are freckles are still two of my favorite things about you!

-You are not a very girly girl.  You would rather play with cars and swords or wrestle with Parker than play dolls with Lily.  You can occasionally be found playing with Barbies or stuffed animals, but not very often.

-You are a great student and have excelled in kindergarten.  You are a wonderful reader and love to read, especially at bedtime.  You are currently reading on Level 21 and are moving into reading early chapter books.  You are also a very good writer and are writing 2-3 sentence stories every day at school.  I hope you will always have a love of learning!

I feel like the luckiest mom in the world getting to spend my days with you!  You are such a beautiful little girl on the inside and out!  I pray that the next six months would be full of wonderful blessings for you!  Thank you for being such a wonderful daughter and making my days brighter!

I love you to the moon and back, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment