Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Eden's First Visit from the Tooth Fairy

Eden has been waiting and waiting to lose her first tooth.  We've been checking almost daily to see if any of her teeth are wiggling.  Last week, she came and showed me her "new teeth".  Unfortunately, her permanent teeth had started growing in behind her baby teeth but her baby teeth weren't budging.  This exact same thing happened to me when I was in first grade so I knew she was probably going to have to have them pulled by the dentist, just like I did. 
 
I scheduled an appointment with our dentist, Dr. Colwick, for this morning.  I promised Eden that she was only going to look at them but when we got there, Dr. Colwick told me she had time to go ahead and pull them out.  Needless to say, Eden freaked out!  She wanted nothing to do with having her teeth pulled!  Several of Dr. Colwick's incredible staff tried to calm her down but we were never able to get her to cooperate, so we rescheduled the procedure for another day.
 
As soon as we got in the car, Eden calmed down and after we talked about it for a minute, she decided that she would come back this afternoon and try again.  I gave her some Benadryl after lunch to relax her and I'm happy to report that she did great!  She was so cute after they put the laughing gas on her... she just lay there and giggled and giggled!  The procedure took less that 5 minutes and I was shocked when I saw the roots on her baby teeth!  Those teeth weren't going anywhere any time soon!  She looks so cute with her toothless grin and I know she is so excited to finally say that she has lost a tooth.  She can't wait for the Tooth Fairy to come tonight!  She also can't wait to show Mrs. Brightwell and sign the tooth chart at school next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment