Thursday, June 22, 2017

A Proud Mom Moment

Because Parker woke up sick on Wednesday, he could not go to VBS with us.  Instead he stayed behind at the work site with the other guys.  When he got on the bus at the end of the day, I noticed that he was wearing his flip flops.  When I asked where his tennis shoes were he told me that he found a boy who needed a new pair of shoes, so he gave him his shoes.  My heart immediately filled with pride.  You always pray that your kids will put others needs before their own but I didn't think it would happen at this early of an age.  Ten year olds are pretty self absorbed so for him to see a need and want to fulfill that need without any parental prompting was huge.  

Looking back, it's amazing to see how God had his hand in this day way before we knew it.  On the way to the bus after breakfast that morning, I just happened to be walking through the lobby of the hotel and noticed that Parker's flip flops were on the floor by one of the couches.  Parker had left them there the night before. I didn't have time to take them back to the room, so I just grabbed them and put them in our backpack.  If those flip flops had not been in the backpack, Parker would not have had anything to wear after he gave his shoes away.  God is so good!

The next day, Parker came running up to me excited because the boy was back.  We were able to get a picture of Parker and the boy wearing his shoes.  
I'm so thankful that Parker and I had this opportunity together.  We both left with so many wonderful experiences and memories that we will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment