Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

Welcome 2011!

We are all finally feeling better and I even had to start back to work today (sniff, sniff). I have enjoyed the past two months of maternity leave so much. There is just nothing like those first few weeks of bonding with your baby- getting to know them and finding out what makes them tick. It still amazes me after three kids how different they all are. Lily has such a sweet disposition so far and I can't wait to see how her personality unfolds over the next few months. She has finally started sleeping through the night which made going back to work today a lot easier.

Although I would have loved to have had a few more weeks at home, I know that as the new year and semester begin, work is where I have to be. I am so thankful that I only have to work part time and am only away from my babies for 4 hours a day. I can't imagine how hard it is for working moms who are gone all day. I am also extremely grateful that my mom is their caretaker during the time that I am at work. I couldn't ask for a better situation and I never worry knowing that they are in her care.

Every time we start a new year, I always like to stop and reflect upon the past year and think about what might be in store for our family in the upcoming year. I have never been one to make a New Year's resolution, but I think it is always good to have goals to strive for during the year.

This year my goal is to slow down and try to enjoy every single moment with my family. The one thing I have learned about raising kids is that they grow up way too fast. It is so easy for me to get caught up in the daily laundry, cooking, changing diapers, etc. that I don't stop and enjoy the little things. I don't want to look back in a few years and not remember how Parker and Eden chased each other around the couches with the dump truck and doll stroller. Or how Eden always pulled her hair bow out as soon as I got her in her car seat. Or the precious first smiles that Lily is starting to give me. Or how Parker had to take his two blankets and his blankie bear EVERYWHERE we went!

I know that the new year will not bring only perfect days. There will be days when I am not as patient as I should be. Days that I am tired. Days when I wonder how three kids can create so much laundry! But I pray that those days will be much fewer than the days where I can just enjoy my kids and be content with the stages they are in right now, because I know that these days will not last forever.

I have no idea what 2011 has in store for us, but I sure am looking forward to finding out!

No comments:

Post a Comment