Monday, January 10, 2011

This and That

January has been uneventful so far, which is a good thing after the rough week we had at the end of December. Our days are filled with lots of playing and hanging out around the house. Time seems to be flying by and there are many days that I blink my eyes and it is bedtime. Life with three kids is fast and furious and I am loving every minute of it! (Although I could do without the three year old tantrums!) Lily keeps growing so quickly and it's hard to believe she is almost 3 months old.
She got to have her first Bumbo experience this weekend. The Bumbo is a great contraption that helps infants sit up and look around before they are able to sit up on their own. Lily made us laugh while she was sitting in it because as she looked around, she kept bobbing her head like a little Bobblehead.
Eden didn't want to feel left out of the Bumbo experience so after Lily got tired, she grabbed a book and did a little reading in it.
Parker is in the middle of a growth spurt and I can not keep the food coming fast enough. He is constantly telling me he is hungry and asks for seconds or even thirds at every meal. I can not imagine what he will be like as a teenager.
On Saturday, he woke up and helped himself to a bowl of marshmallows (without my permission!) before eating 2 muffins and a banana for breakfast. Thirty minutes after breakfast, he started asking for a snack. I made him wait a little while and then he had a mid morning snack of CheezIts. For lunch he ate a stick of string cheese, two helpings of pepperoni, two helpings of blueberries, three helpings of grapes, two helpings of chips, and a box of raisins. I can't remember what he ate for his afternoon snack but I'm sure it was a large portion of something! For dinner he ate three helpings of spaghetti and then finished the evening with a bedtime snack of goldfish and Nilla Wafers. I don't know where he is putting it all and I have a feeling that a trip to Target to buy several new pairs of pants is in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment