Tuesday, January 4, 2011

How Uncomfortable!

Parker has pretty much given up his afternoon naps. While I am sad to see them go, I know this is normal and it has actually made bedtime a little easier because he is so tired by the end of the evening that he doesn't put up a fight.

I still require Parker to have a quiet rest time while Eden and Lily nap so that a) he doesn't wake them up and b) I can have an hour of free time for myself! For several weeks, Parker stayed in his room during his rest time. Then one day he decided to move everything that was in his room to the hallway right in front of his bedroom door. (He told me today that he couldn't stay in his room because the bear in his room might get him. Hmmm, I wasn't aware that we had a bear in the house, but whatever! As long as he is quiet, I am not going to fight that battle.)

Yesterday when I went to tell him that rest time was over, this is what I found:
He had fallen asleep playing in the hallway! I am not sure why he didn't just go crawl in his bed instead of sleeping on the cold, hard tile. I guess when you have to choose between comfort or creatures (or bears), it is better to be safe and uncomfortable than stuck in a room with an imaginary bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment