Saturday, January 22, 2011

Three Months Old


Lily- you are three months old today! You are growing and getting bigger (and fatter) every day! Your daddy said last night as I was giving you a bath that you are getting rolls on your rolls! Here are a few of this months highlights:

- You continue to be a very laid back baby. I think as a third child you have to be! You are usually content to sit in your bouncer and look around as I try and get things done around the house.

-You are a very happy little girl! You have started smiling all of the time and it melts my heart each time you look at me with that beautiful grin! Your favorite time to smile at me is while you are nursing.

-You laughed a real laugh for the first time this week while mommy was making funny noises at you. There is nothing more precious than to hear you laugh. I hope we will start hearing it a lot more often this next month.

-You are currently wearing a size 2 diaper and are moving into 3-6 month clothes.

-You started sleeping through the night this month. I usually put you in bed between 9 and 10 and you sleep until 7 or 8.

-You are a much better napper than your brother and sister ever were. You take a 1-2 hour nap every morning and a 2-3 hour nap every afternoon.

-You like to sleep with your arms above your head. You still don't like to be swaddled and you don't use a pacifier, so putting you down to sleep is easy. You are also very good about falling asleep on your own with anyone having to rock you to sleep.

-Your fussy time at night is almost gone- Hallelujah! You now lay on the bed and kick your legs or talk to mommy and daddy before you go to bed.

-I love when you nestle your head into my neck and fall asleep on my shoulder. I hate even thinking about when you will be too big to do that anymore.

-You have perfected the "pouty lip before you start to cry" face. It makes me laugh every time!

-You have started cooing and "talking" to us a lot this month.

-You like to sit in your bouncer or lay on the activity mat and "play" with the animals that are hanging on it. You have really started looking at things this month.

-Parker and Eden still adore you. They start looking for you as soon as they get up in the morning and want to sit next to you while you play in your bouncer or lay on the activity mat. You are very lucky to have a brother and sister that love you so much!

I still feel so lucky that God chose you to be in our family! I can't imagine life without you and am looking forward to seeing what new things you discover this next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment