Monday, April 4, 2011

The Browns Go Bowling

Since Lily has joined our family, we have not been on too many family adventures. Taking three little ones on an outing is a lot harder than taking two. We are now outnumbered and the only way we will usually agree to go somewhere right now is when we have help from grandparents. I look forward to when the kids are older and we can get out and go more, but I am also enjoying this time when Lily is little. I know we will never get this time in our lives back and I don't want to wish any moment away.

This past Saturday, Cory's work had a bowling tournament and all employees and their families were invited. I have always wanted to take Parker and Eden bowling, and I knew that there would be plenty of employees who would love to take a turn holding Lily, so we signed up to go. Parker enjoyed bowling. The bowling alley had a contraption in the shape of a dinosaur that helped the younger kids roll the ball down the lane. There were also bumpers on his lane so he was pretty much guaranteed to knock down pins on every turn. Eden, on the other hand, was more interested in the popcorn and nachos than the bowling. She did take a few turns and got excited when she knocked down pins, but she let Parker bowl most of her frames. On a completely unrelated note- Eden looked so stinkin' cute in her little bowling shoes. It will probably be the only time in her life that wearing bowling shoes is actually cute! Lily was content to sit in her stroller the first few minutes, but then started getting tired and fussy, so she quickly became my bowling buddy! I actually bowled pretty well with a baby in my arms and even got a strike on one frame. Overall, the kids had a really good time. I think we will definitely put bowling on our list of things to do again as they get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment