Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dig, Dig, Dig

After a lot of persuasion, Cory finally convinced me to get sand for the sandbox under the fort on our swing set. My biggest reason for being so hesitant was the mess of a sandbox. I just don't have the desire to clean up sand off of our floors on a daily basis. However, after watching the kids play in it the past two days, I am glad we did it. It has not been nearly as messy as I expected and I think Cory has had as much fun playing in it as the kids!

Eden does not like to sit in the sandbox, which really surprises me. She is usually the one that does not mind getting dirty. Instead, she chooses to lean over the side of the sandbox as she plays. Parker will stand in the sand, but he will not sit in it. If he wants to sit down, he sits on the edge.

Cory has had a lot of fun teaching the kids how to play in the sand. They have made towers, tunnels, and roads for their cars. Parker's favorite thing is to build a tower and then demolish it by jumping on top of it. I hope that our new sandbox will provide the kids with lots of imaginative play as well as help prepare them for their first trip to the beach someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment