Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday

After breakfast on Easter Sunday, I got all the kids dressed for church and tried to take a few pictures. As usual, Eden did not cooperate but I was able to get a great picture with Parker and Lily. (I think Parker could tell how desperate I sounded when I asked him to take a picture with me, so he gave in and actually smiled for once!) After some bribing with M&M's, I finally got a picture with Eden later that day. It wasn't great, but it will do for now. Hopefully one day she will outgrow this stage and take a picture with me!
After naps we went over to my parent's house for another egg hunt and dinner. We were also able to get a family picture that I desperately wanted. We had tried earlier that morning at church and it was a disaster. Thankfully, with the help of Uncle Jon, Aunt MerMer and some M&Ms, we were more successful this time.
We also got a good picture of all five cousins. They all looked so cute in their Easter clothes!
Granna was also excited to get a picture with all five kids before the Easter egg hunt started.

All of the kids had 12 eggs to find. Each egg had an initial on it and they had to check before they picked up an egg to see if it was one of theirs.
After the hunt, all of the kids were very excited to find out that the eggs were filled with money!

Lily enjoyed watching and playing with the empty eggs.

Before dinner, all of the kids got a special Easter treat from Granna. Lily couldn't eat the candy but she sure did enjoy chewing on the plastic bunny.
My mom made an incredible dinner and I ate way too much! After dinner, we let the kids go outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. They had lots of fun playing in Granna and Granstan's new sandbox and taking turns swinging.
We had a wonderful Easter this year! I am so thankful that God has blessed me with such a great family! Holidays just wouldn't be the same without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment