Sunday, May 29, 2011

More Firsts

This has been a very busy week for Miss Lily! She has experienced several new "firsts" this past week and done great with all of them!

Lately, whenever I have my food around her, she leans forward and sticks out her tongue like this:

I decided to introduce puffs and Baby Mum Mums (rice cakes) this week and she loved both of them! She can not get enough of the puffs and opens her mouth like a baby bird anytime I come near her with one. Unfortunately, she still does not have a good pincher grasp so I have to feed them to her. Luckily, Parker thinks it is pretty cool to feed them to her, which is nice when I don't have time to sit around and play mother bird!

Lily also sat in her highchair for the first time this week. She has learned to scoot in her Bumbo so it is no longer safe for her to sit in it. She did a great job eating her snack in it yesterday!
Can you tell that Eden was a just a little bit jealous that she was not the one getting to sit in the highchair? She asked me all afternoon to sit in it, so I finally gave in and let her have her own snack in it. Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon and she won't regress to wanting to be the baby in the highchair anymore.

Finally, Lily had her first bath in the big girl bathtub last night! She has been sitting up on her own really well for almost two months now, so I decided she was ready to take the plunge into the big tub. She did great and she and Eden both loved playing together in the water. Lily was so calm and enjoyed all of the new toys that she got to chew on during her bath.
My baby girl is getting so big! I sometimes forget about all the fun "firsts" that happen during that first year. I am trying to savor every moment as these "firsts" are also our "lasts". It's quite bittersweet when I let myself slow down long enough to think about it. I am so thankful that I have been able to experience these things not once or even twice, but three times. It is funny how it never gets old to watch your child experience something new for the first time. It is just as amazing the third time around as it was the first time with Parker and then again with Eden. I am anxious to see what "first" is in store for Lily next!

No comments:

Post a Comment