Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Peep! Peep!

Yesterday afternoon the kids and I went up to my school for a retirement reception for our school counselor. As we were leaving, one of the teachers was changing out the box for the baby chicks that her class is raising and invited Parker and Eden to come in and take a peek. They were so excited and both asked to hold one. Visions of poor baby chicks being dropped to the floor and getting hurt quickly flashed through my mind, but I let them try it anyway!

They both did great and were very gentle with the chicks. They especially liked watching the 10 baby chicks eat after the teacher fed them. I did not think I was ever going to get them to the car! I will definitely have to remember to take them up next year when she does it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment