Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Eight Months Old

Lily-

You are 8 months old today! How on earth did that happen?!?! Here are a few of this month's highlights:

-You are getting bigger every day! You are still in size 4 diapers and 12 month clothes.


-You only have two teeth but I suspect that more are on their way by how much you are constantly drooling and chewing on things. Your favorite thing to chew on right now is my iPhone. You are mesmerized by it and grab for it all of the time. I'm sure it won't be long before you are playing games on it just like Parker and Eden.

-You LOVE the water! It does not matter if it is the bathtub or pool, you love to play and splash in the water.
-You are doing much better with your eating. We have introduced most of the fruits and you like them all. I usually give you a fruit for breakfast and a vegetable for dinner. I have also started giving you some "big people" food like bananas, green beans and even a few tastes of biscuit! I never even tried real food this early with Parker and Eden, but you are VERY interested in it and have done very well with really small bites. I don't think we will be eating baby food for too much longer, especially if you get a few more teeth soon.

-Your pincher grasp has gotten much better this month and you can now pick up Puffs and get them to your mouth pretty easily. You also love Baby MumMums for a snack.
-You are not crawling yet but are becoming more tolerant of being on your tummy. You can push yourself way up on your arms but have not figured out how to get up on your knees. You can also lean really far when you are sitting up. I think mobility is just around the corner, but it may still be another month before you put it all together and figure out how to crawl, which is just fine with me!!!

-You still sleep great at night (8 pm -7am) and horrible during the day. Last week, there were two days in a row that you only took a 20 minute nap in the afternoon. Some days you bless me with an hour long nap, but that is definitely not the norm. Apparently, I napped the same way when I was a baby and am getting paid back for the lack of naps I took for Granna!!!


-You still LOVE Parker and Eden! One of the best parts of my day is when we are driving and they make you laugh in the backseat. It is music to my ears!
I know I say this every month, but you are just the sweetest baby and I feel so blessed that you joined our family eight months ago. I can hardly remember what life was like without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment