Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me! (and Aunt Emily!)

Yesterday I celebrated my 34th birthday! We started the day by driving to Aledo for Lizzie and Emma's 3rd birthday party. They had a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party complete with a water slide. Parker could not wait to get on it but would not do it without Eden. Unfortunately, Eden wanted nothing to do with it so, being the mean mommy that I am, I pushed her down the small part of the slide kicking and screaming (sorry Eden!) so that Parker would finally get in. It worked and he had a blast going up and down the slide over and over again.
Eden was not happy with me, but who could blame her?!?! She decided to spend her time swinging, playing on the swing set and hanging out with Nonni- Lizzie and Emma's grandma. She became attached to her and didn't leave her side the entire party.
One of Parker's favorite parts of the party was the Minnie Mouse pinata. He waited so patiently for his turn to hit and then he let her have it! Eden didn't want to hit but was first in line to grab the candy!
We are so glad that we were able to go and help Lizzie and Emma celebrate on their special day!
After we got home, Emily, Jon and the girls came over to celebrate our birthday. The rest of our family was on vacation so we had to celebrate by ourselves this year. We were both kind of bummed about everyone being gone but Cory and Jon did a great job of making us feel special with our very own Justin Beiber themed party, complete with Justin Beiber plates, napkins, and banners! After pizza and swimming, we also enjoyed a very yummy cake. I am so thankful for Cory, Parker, Eden and Lily for making me feel so special on my birthday and I am looking forward to another year of making memories with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment