Thursday, September 22, 2011

Eleven Months Old

Lily- You turn 11 months old today! How on earth did that happen? I am in complete denial that you are turning 1 in just a few short weeks. You have been such a sweet baby and I just don't want this year to end. I am looking forward to watching you grow into a toddler but there are so many things that I will miss about you at this age. Here are some of the highlights from this past month:

- You are still wearing size 5 diapers and are moving into 18 month clothes.

- You have 6 teeth but have been chewing on your fingers a lot this week, so I am wondering if you have another tooth trying to break through.

-You are cruising everywhere- along the couch, bed, fireplace- and you have stood on your own for 1-2 seconds a couple of times, so I think walking is just around the corner. I wonder if you will walk before your first birthday like Eden or after your birthday like Parker.

- We have pretty much phased out baby food from your diet. Some of your current favorites are cheese slices, mandarin oranges, grilled cheese sandwiches, Cheerios, macaroni and cheese, bananas, and carrots.

-I know that it is still too early to tell, but if I had to guess right now, I would predict that you are going to be left handed. When you play, I don't notice you having a dominant preference, but when you eat, you only use your left hand to pick up your food. It will be interesting to see if my prediction comes true.

-You are going through a phase where you are extremely attached to me. You want me to be holding you most of your waking hours. When I put you down or leave you, there are always many tears shed. Last week at church, I was forced to volunteer in the nursery because you were screaming so loud. None of the other workers could calm you down and, as a result, you got all of the other babies upset.
-Your favorite thing to do right now is play with Parker and Eden. You are usually very happy when you are right in the middle of their activities, whether it be playing outside in the rain or building with blocks in the playroom. They are usually very sweet to include you, which makes me very happy!
You are such a beautiful, happy, smiley, precious little girl and I'm so glad God chose you to complete our family. Thank you for allowing me to be your mommy the past 11 months! I love you so much and can't wait to celebrate your first year of life at the end of this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment