Saturday, September 17, 2011

Playing in the Rain

Parker and Eden are both unadventurous when it comes to trying new things. They are never the kids that will jump right into new situations without a little encouragement from me or Cory. (Remember the first snow this past year? Disaster. Lots of crying and not a lot of playing in the snow!)

Imagine our surprise last night after dinner when they both started asking to go outside to play in the rain. Cory and I never thought they would really go, so of course we said yes. We were both shocked when they actually walked right out into the pouring rain and started running around like wild animals!

Parker kept asking me for his raincoat and when I told him he did not have a raincoat, he decided that his winter fleece hat and mittens would work just as well for both him and Eden!

They ran all over the yard, slid down the slide and splashed in the puddles. They were completely drenched by the time they got cold and decided to come in.


Don't think for a second that Lily didn't get to enjoy the fun! She was the first one outside after I opened the back door and she stayed out until I made her come in and warm up.

Eden's hair was just as crazy as ever after she came in! I know she'll hate it one day, but I just love her hair!We were so thankful for the much needed rain and the fun times that came along with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment