Sunday, January 22, 2012

15 Months

Lily-
You are 15 months old today!  I don't usually do monthly posts after your first birthday but you have changed so much in the last three months and there are several things that I just don't want to forget. 

-The biggest thing that has changed about you since your birthday is how much you are talking.  Parker and Eden did not talk until after they turned 2, so it has been AMAZING to me to watch you start talking so early.  I pretty much think you are the most brilliant baby ever!!  In reality, you are very on track with your speech development...we are just not used to that around here!!  The words you can now say are: mommy, daddy, nana (banana), thank you, down, ball, book, belly button, Parker, baby, bye-bye, no, uh-huh (for yes), I want down, I want some, uh-oh, and cheese (when we are taking your picture).  You can also mimic many other things that we say but do not use them spontaneously yet. 
-You are still a big girl.  You are wearing 18 month clothes but will probably move into 24 months by the end of winter.  You will be moving into size 6 diapers as soon as I finish this box of size 5.
-You have started sleeping with two blankets and a doll.  You love to rock your baby dolls and give them hugs and kisses.
-Shh...don't tell the pediatrician, but when you go with me to run errands in town, I sometimes let you ride in Eden's front facing carseat.  You love being able to look around and hate when I put you back in your rear facing carseat. 
-You are such a momma's girl and want to be held all of the time.  You have also started becoming very jealous of anyone else who gets to be held by me...especially your sister.  You either cry hysterically when I am holding her or insist that I hold you too.
-You LOVE books!  You are constantly bringing me books to read to you.  You always want to sit in my lap while we read and have the funniest way of backing into my lap as we get ready to read.  Your favorite book right now is Where is Spot?.  I think I have read it at least 8,354 times in the past few days!
-You love to eat!  I feel like you graze all day long and if you are missing, I can usually find you in the pantry.  We finally had to move the chips to a higher shelf because you were constantly helping yourself to the Cheetos, Fritos, and SunChips.  Your favorite foods are fruits (especially pears and oranges) and sweet potatoes.  You are not a huge fan of meat or cheese.

-You are starting to give up your morning nap and will usually sleep for about an hour and a half in the afternoon.  You still cry when I put you down for a nap...I guess you are worried that you might miss out on something fun!

You are so precious, Lily!  You make me smile every day and it is such a joy to be your mom! 
I love you to the moon and back, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment