Friday, January 20, 2012

This and That

Nothing much has been going on around here lately. Just lots of playing and enjoying this unseasonably warm January weather.   The kids have really enjoyed their new four wheeler that they got for Christmas.  Due to there being only one four wheeler, we are really working on sharing and taking turns, which are both very hard concepts for preschoolers to completely embrace.  In other words, an afternoon with the four wheeler is fun when it's your turn, but not-so-fun when it's not!  I can't tell you the number of times I've heard the following phrases lately:  "Mommy, when is it my turn?", "Mommy, how much longer does he/she have before it's my turn?", and the ever so popular "Mommy, tell Eden/Parker that she/he only has one more minute and then it's my turn.".  It's enough to drive a mommy crazy!!
A few nights ago at dinner, Parker noticed that Lily had some food stuck to her cheek.  He thought it was so funny and insisted that I get a picture of her.  Apparently he doesn't realize that she has food stuck to her face after every meal!
Lily is in a very fun I-want-mommy-to-hold-me-all-day-long stage.  This is my view when I am not holding her:
She is also in an I-get-very-jealous-when-mommy-holds-anyone-other-than-me stage.  Anytime she sees Eden sitting in my lap, there are lots and lots and lots of tears.

Speaking of tears, Eden is still in her I-am-going-to-cry-whenever-a-camera-is-pointed-at-me stage.  I tried to get a cute picture of the girls in their coordinating ladybug dresses before church on Sunday, but Eden wanted nothing to do with it.
These superhero costumes I got for 75% off after Halloween are definitely some of my best purchases recently.  Don't even think about putting me in harm's way...Spider-Man and SuperEden will always come to their mommy's rescue!  (I don't know how Cory got Eden to smile in this picture... I'm completely jealous of his photography skills!) 
 Enjoy your weekend!  We definitely plan on spending lots of time outside the next couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment