Sunday, January 8, 2012

Edenisms

Eden has grown leaps and bounds with her speech this past year. It's hard to believe that this time last year she still only had a few words that she could say consistently. It has been so fun to watch her language emerge and I love listening to her talk.  Here are a few of our latest Edenisms:

-"Look, Mommy- the moon!  It's turned on!"

-"I want Funnies." (referring to Smarties candies)

-"I wanna pick up you." (I want you to pick me up.)

-Daddy- "Eden, can you say 'pumpkin' in Spanish?"
 Eden- "Yes, pumpkin in Spanish."

-Unlike Parker, Eden is much more ladylike with her bodily functions.  Instead of announcing to everyone that she tooted, she will politely say, "I dot dass." (I got gas).

-Eden is very interested in who in our family is a boy and who is a girl.  She knows that she is a girl and when asked what her name is, will always answer Eden Catherine Girl.

-Eden's newest thing to do (and she did it A LOT over the holidays!) is to say,
"Mommy, close your eyes." (pause)
"No peetin' (peeking)!" (pause again)
"Open your eyes!"

-Eden has the sweetest little voice.  We call her our little mouse!  It is very different from her loud brother and sister.  Unfortunately, it is sometimes so quiet that we can't understand what she is trying to tell us, especially if she mumbles.  One day, I stopped by Chicken Express to get a drink and Eden started mumbling quietly in the backseat.  I asked her several times to repeat herself and still had no idea what she was trying to say.  Finally, I told her that she needed to use her loud voice and from the backseat she yelled, "I WANT FRENCH FRIES!!!!!".  She did not get french fries but she definitely got her point across!
----------------------------------------------------
And one Parkerism to leave you with:
Eden loves to mimic Parker and he absolutely hates it!  Every time she starts it, he says, "Eden, stop 'copycatching' me."

No comments:

Post a Comment