Thursday, May 24, 2012

Parker's Last Week of Preschool...Ever

Yesterday was Parker's last day of preschool...ever. *sigh*
The next time he steps foot in a school it will be as a kindergartner.

I did really well with my emotions this week and the only time I got teary was at drop off yesterday.  (I'm saving the ugly crying for the first day of kindergarten- Ha!)  I usually don't get to take him to school in the mornings but I took off for his graduation ceremony and all I could think about as he hopped out of the car is how much he has grown and changed over the past two years.  The child that I had to pry off of my leg on the first day has now matured into a confident little boy.   

He's had a great year with an excellent teacher and some really sweet friends!  I can not say enough good things about his preschool and how well they've prepared him for kindergarten.

His last two days of school were filled with lots of fun things.  Monday was Splash Day.  They started with a picnic lunch and then headed outside to play in the water.  Just like last year, Parker was hesitant to participate and it took him a while to warm up.  He started at the shaving cream table, then moved to the water table before settling on bubbles.  He spent most of his time making and catching bubbles with a fly swatter.  He told me as we were getting into the car, "Mom, this was my most favorite day ever!".
I love the look on his face as he was getting hosed off...he was definitely done!
Yesterday was his graduation ceremony.  The kids sang several songs before being awarded their certificates of completion.  Parker did a great job singing and didn't seem nervous at all.  After the ceremony, we enjoyed lunch with his classmates and their families in the fellowship hall. 

This week was a great end to a fantastic year!  We will miss Miss Tammy and Miss Amy but luckily our time with them is not over.  Eden will be in the three year old class next year and then Lily will be there when she turns three.  Ready or not, they've got four more years with the Brown kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment