Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today I turned 35.

I'm officially in my mid thirties and I have to admit...it's not that bad!  Getting older is something that has never really bothered me.  I am usually the youngest in many of the groups I'm with, so I kind of feel like I'm always just catching up to everyone else. 
Last year, all of our family was out of town on our birthday, so Emily and I celebrated alone.  This year, everyone was here and I think it was one of my best birthday celebrations in a long time.  Hanging out with my family is my absolute favorite thing to do, so when my younger sister suggested all of us going to Joe T. Garcia's for dinner, I was very excited!  Dinner was so good and even though we sat outside, there was enough of a breeze to be comfortable. 
Emily and I are so blessed to have all of these beautiful, healthy kids in our lives.  I remember back to our 29th birthday when we were both desperately wanting to start our families.  I had lost Katelyn the previous September and Emily had suffered a miscarriage in December.  I think it's pretty safe to say that our joy was missing that birthday.  Fast forward 6 years, and now we have an abundance of joy!  I can't imagine my life without Parker, Eden, Lily, Addison, Aubrey, and Ryan.  What a huge blessing they are to our whole family!
After dinner, the kids were getting restless, so we decided to head over to Central Market so they could play while we enjoyed cake and presents.  This year, instead of a traditional cake, we opted for cake balls and they were SO good. 
The kids had so much fun playing, running, and sliding.  None of them were ready to leave, even though it was way past their bedtime. 
A huge thanks to my family for making me feel so special this year!  I had a great time turning 35!

No comments:

Post a Comment