Saturday, June 23, 2012

It Was Bound to Happen

UPDATE:  After three days, seven washes with Dawn dish soap, one wash with peanut butter, one wash with an egg, and two washes with regular shampoo, I can happily say that Lily's hair is now Vaseline free!  Good thing that wasn't a pain to remove- Ha!!!!

I have always felt lucky that I didn't have any Vaseline or baby powder horror stories to tell when other moms started telling theirs.  Parker and Eden got into things and made lots of messes, but nothing too unusual or hard to clean up. 
And then came Lily!  Apparently, Lily thought that parenting was too easy for me and has decided over the past few months to give me a run for my money.  She has definitely inherited my stubbornness and Parker's strong will.  And she LOVES chapstick and Vaseline.  She knows exactly where I keep it and I am constantly taking it away from her while she "helps" me get ready in the mornings.  Put the strong will together with the desire for lip products and she will always find a way to get it, no matter where it is hidden, or who is guarding it, or how it is disguised.  (Bonus points for those of you who can name that children's book!)

Tonight as I was cooking dinner, I felt her tugging on my pants.  I looked down and at first glance, she just looked wet.  She also loves to play in water so I thought she had been in my bathtub...again.  As I looked closer, I realized the "water" was slick and oily, which could only mean one thing...Vaseline!  I immediately picked her up and did what any good blogging mom would do- I called for Cory to bring me the camera!  What good is a mess like this if I don't get a picture of it to embarrass her with in a few years!
         Look at that mess- especially the big glob above her left eyebrow!!
Check out the glistening globs on her hands!!
And yet another huge glob on the right side...oh my!
How can you be mad at this sweet face, Mommy?!?!?
I had no idea where to even start, but with a little help from my best friend Google, I used my Dawn dish soap and washed her hair 5 times.  It helped a little bit but it's still pretty greasy and matted.  Maybe if I wash it 5 times a day for a few more days, it will finally come out!
I can now say that I have one of "those" stories.  I guess with three kids, it was bound to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment