Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all of the great dads out there, but especially to my dad, my father-in-law, and Cory.

We had a great day spending time with our dads today.  I tried several times to get a picture of Cory and the kids and this is the best one I got.  Impressive, huh?  Every time I suggested a picture, someone started crying or running away.  Maybe next year I'll be more successful.
We enjoyed taking Papa to breakfast this morning.  Breakfast with our three kids was crazy, as usual.  My biscuits got hijacked by three starving kids so I was forced to eat their cold leftover pancakes, but they loved hanging out with Grandma and Papa so it was worth it.  I tried for another picture after breakfast, but Eden wanted nothing to do with it.  She had no idea I snuck her into this picture.
We spent the afternoon swimming with Granna and Granstan.  By this point, I knew better not to even attempt a picture with all 6 kids and opted instead to use this one from his birthday last month.
Cory and I are so thankful for our dads.  They are both very quiet men who love us unconditionally and have supported us through the good and bad.  We are very lucky to have them in our lives.

I read today that anyone can be a father, but it takes a special man to be a daddy.  I hope that one day, Parker, Eden, and Lily can appreciate just how special their daddy is, how much he loves them, and how much he sacrifices for them.  Since I couldn't get a good picture today, I thought I'd go back to the days that Cory became a daddy to Parker, Eden, and Lily.  Sweet memories for sure!
  Happy Father's Day Daddy, Papa, and Granstan! We love you SOOOOOOOO much!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment