Friday, June 22, 2012

More Parkerisms and Edenisms

It's been a while since I've written down some of the funny things that Parker and Eden have said recently.  Here are a few from Parker:
-We went to the store on Easter Sunday and I pointed out the Easter lilies to the kids.  Parker immediately said, "Where are the Easter Parkers?".  I guess he didn't think it was fair that Lily has a flower named after her and he didn't!

-Cory showed Parker how to do a cannonball into the swimming pool.  Last week he jumped in and yelled, "COTTON BALL!!!!".

And a few from Eden:
-When Eden is finished "reading" a book to herself she says "Amen" instead of "The End".

-Eden loves to be "fatid", which means "naked" in English!

-Here is a conversation that Eden and I had one day while we were running errands together:
Eden- "Where are we going?"
Me- "To the pharmacy."
Eden- "I want carrots at the farmer's seed."
Me- "What?"
Eden- "I want carrots at the farmer's seed."
Me (trying not to laugh)- "Not the farmer's seed... the pharmacy."

-And another conversation while we were shopping together:
Eden- "I want carpet."
Me- (silence) (I had no idea what she was talking about so I politely ignored her in hopes that she'd forget about it)
Eden- "I want carpet."
Me (still not knowing what she meant)- "You want to walk on the carpet?"
Eden- "No, I want carpet shop."
Me- "You want a shopping cart?"
Eden- "Yes!"
Of course!  I can't believe I didn't figure that one out quicker!

Like most kids, Eden loves to read and reread and reread the same book until I am so tired of it that I want to throw it away when she is not looking.  One of her recent favorites is Go, Dog, Go.  She knows it so well that I will pause at the end of every page and let her finish the words.  A few weeks ago, we got to the last page that says "a dog party" and she confidently read "a pog darty".  She was so proud of herself for helping me "read" the story that I didn't have the heart to correct her.

No comments:

Post a Comment