Monday, October 29, 2012

Gerard Fall Festival

Last Friday night was the annual Fall Festival at my school.  We've always taken the kids to support my school, but this is the first year that I had to be there because I signed up to work the booth in Parker's classroom.  Parker was spending the night with a friend so he missed out, but I'm pretty sure he was having a great time at Trip's house and didn't mind missing it!
 
My shift was from 7-8, so Cory and I decided to take the girls early to let them play some of the games before Cory took them home and I stayed to work my shift.  They were very excited before we left the house and even let me take a picture of them together, which doesn't happen often these days. 
I knew Lily would try all of the festival games, but you just never know with Eden.  Sometimes you can catch lightning in a bottle and she will participate, but she usually just cries and wants you to hold her.  Luckily, we caught her on a good day and as long as I was standing close by, she willingly participated in all the games!  It is so much more fun taking her places when she has fun! Some of their favorites were the lollipop pull, digging for treasures, and fishing. 
For the first time since I've been teaching at Gerard, I participated in the silent auction and WON!  The kindergarten teachers auctioned off "Bedtime Stories with the Kindergarten Teachers", where they will come to our house one night and read Parker, Eden and Lily a bedtime story.  I know they are going to love that, especially Parker!  Who wouldn't have loved their teacher to come to their house when they were little?  Plus, that means I don't have to read bedtime stories one night.  Sounds like a win/win to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment