Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Two Years Old

Lily Claire,
Yesterday you turned two years old!  How on earth can you be two years old! 

What a wonderful year it has been watching you learn to walk, talk, and transform into a funny, independent, stubborn, and happy toddler!  Here are a few things I always want to remember about you as you turn another year older:

-You are a big girl!  Today at your checkup, you weighed 31 pounds (90th percentile) and were 36 inches tall (90th percentile).  I am so thankful that you are so healthy!  You have recently moved into size 3T clothes and still wear a size 6 diaper. 

-I am still amazed every day at how much you are talking.  I'm sure you can say at least 100 words and you keep adding new words daily.  You usually speak in 3-4 word sentences and there is pretty much nothing that you can not imitate after you've heard it.  I know this is probably normal for most two year olds but I only have Parker and Eden to compare it to, and they both did not start talking until well after their second birthdays.  It is SO nice to be able to ask you a question and get a clear answer.  I think you show less frustration at this age than your siblings did because I usually know exactly what you want or need.

-As amazed as I am at how much you can say, I am equally amazed that the ONE word I cannot get you to say is "Lily"!  You refuse to say your own name and are happy to just call yourself "me"!

-You are not a picky eater, but it is often a struggle just to get you to eat.  You will often take a few bites and say, "I dum" (I'm done).  Some of your favorite foods are fruits of any kind, cereal, and yogurt.

-You love to swing.  You ask me several times a day to push you on the swings.  You would stay outside all day if I would let you.

-You love puppies and baby dolls.  You are constantly looking for puppies wherever we go and can't wait to give Brinkley a hug every morning when we get to Granna's house.  You love to play 'mommy' to your babies and enjoy rocking them, feeding them, and pushing them in the baby stroller.

-You are a great sleeper!  You usually sleep from 8pm- 8am and I rarely hear you during the night.  You currently sleep with your blanket, baby doll, blankie bear, bunny, bear, and several other things.  You always notice if something is missing so I can't clean out your crib when you aren't looking!  I told Daddy that your crib looks like an episode of Hoarders with all of the things you keep in it!

-I love your sweet and happy disposition.  You have a funny personality and keep me smiling throughout the day with the things you do.  You can, however, be quite stubborn and strong willed.  You are not near as difficult as your brother at this age, but you can give me a run for my money some days!

-You LOVE your brother and sister and refuse to go to bed at night before you get a kiss from both of them!  You also like to drive them crazy by knocking down their towers or running off with their toys and you HATE to share.  You still cry every single time I make you take turns with one of them. 

What a blessing you are to our family, Lily!  You were made to perfectly complete our family and I thank God for you every day!  I can't wait to watch you mature and grow over the next year.  Thank you for bringing so much joy into our lives! 

I love you to the moon and back, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment